It’s all about Organics
AORA works on behalf of its members including processors, associate industries, educators and all levels of Government to raise awareness of the benefits of recycling organic resources.
We act as an advocate for the wider organics resource recovery and beneficial reuse industries and represent their views in a constructive dialogue with policy makers. AORA envisages an industry where best practice is shared, standards are maintained and surpassed and which makes a positive contribution to safeguarding the environment.
AORA is the leading industry organisation and the peak industry body for the Recycled Organics Industry in Australia. It represents a modern, proactive association within the wider resource recovery and organics management industry.
The recovery and composting of organic resources.
The collection, sorting and/or processing of recyclable organic materials, suitable for reuse as products beneficial to the environment.
The management and operation of materials recovery, recycling, reprocessing and similar facilities and sites.
All other activities incidental to the conduct of the organics recovery and recycling industry.
DOWNLOAD A MEMBERSHIP BROCHURE
DOWNLOAD A LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEMBERSHIP BROCHURE
- AORA is a not-for-profit, national industry peak body. Our span of interest and involvement within the Australian organics recycling industry covers the entire value chain; we are focused on all aspects of feed stock supply, the effective and efficient processing of these and the demand for and veracity of end-use final products.
- AORA has a well-established and highly regarded reputation within governments(Federal and State) and their associated agencies (e.g., EPA). This provides a halo effect for those organisations who wish to partner and associate with AORA. As a key industry stakeholder, AORA is sought out for consultation by government on regulatory and policy developments within our wide ambit of the Australian organics recycling industry.
- AORA is a founding member of the International Compost Alliance, communicating and collaborating with similar organisations from around the world to share our knowledge and to understand emerging issues.
- AORA produces The Economic Contribution of the Australian Organics Recycling Industry and the Australian Organics Recycling Industry Capacity Assessment reports on a biannual basis – both are valuable references and guides for those operating within the Australian organics recycling industry and are initially only available to AORA members.
- AORA maintains a close watching brief on issues with the potential to impact the Australian organics recycling industry including, but not limited to, PFAS and other forever chemical residues, microplastics, the rollout of FOGO across state and local government authorities, policy development around single-use items, etc. Members are kept informed with the latest regulatory, state, and federal industry knowledge and developments via regular state and monthly national e-newsletter.
- A voice within the AORA industry development program to advocate, support and lead positive change across policy, regulations, research & development, and standards and specifications relevant to the Australian organic sector.
- Linkages with allied industry suppliers and technical advisers provide members with access to industry-recognised experts, information, and developments across the entire organics recycling value chain, including direct access to equipment manufacturers and suppliers who have first-hand organics processing expertise
- AORA runs a highly successful annual conference every year, providing key insights into the current and future challenges (and solutions) facing the Australian organics recycling industry. AORA members receive discounts on tickets for the conference.
- Networking opportunities with other partners through workshops, field days, forums and webinars with member discounts on events, as well as member exclusive events.
Membership benefits are summarised in the table below
Learn more about Membership Categories and become a member